As the aesthetics sector in the UK has grown, Campbell Dallas has become the market leader in dealing with the distinct and complex nature of the sector. Our service is unique as it is VAT led, and we connect our VAT and accounting services to give you a rounded business advisory service. We understand the ownership issues, VAT concerns and the wider sector regulation and marketplace. As a one stop shop for aesthetic businesses across the UK, we work with you to understand your business needs, giving you support to build a commercially successful business.
As a team of sector experts we regularly speak at conferences and write articles within these aesthetics networks and industry publications, leading opinion and debate.
We give business owners confidence in their dealings with HMRC, which we know can be a primary point of concern. Having successfully dealt with a number of high profile VAT enquiries we are best placed to give you the best advice.
Establishing VAT liability of supplies
- Medical sales are not VATable. Cosmetic sales are VATable. HMRC guidance is sparse and largely unhelpful. We will advise you on the current law as it relates to aesthetics, assist you in determining what kind of supplies you make and advise you on whether or not you should be registered for VAT.
- We can carry out on-site or online reviews.
- We can advise on the best-practice record keeping you should follow in order to deal with future HMRC enquiries.
Dealing with HMRC and assessments
- Our experience has highlighted that VAT reviews can be difficult as HMRC officers often do not understand the aesthetic sector or the law relating to it. We will help you navigate through the HMRC enquiry, helping with correspondence, attending visits and reviewing records, and support you throughout the process.
- We can assist with assessment appeals, alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and tribunal cases.
- With the onset of Making Tax Digital from April 2019, it is crucial that businesses address the need for digital accounting now. We are platinum partners for all major cloud accounting packages and can offer training and implementation services. For more information about what we offer, see our Cloud Accounting pages.
Tax returns, VAT and Payroll
- We offer assistance with VAT regulations and VAT returns.
- We can review your VAT returns, or complete them on your behalf.
- We can assist with VAT registration, de-registration or any other VAT compliance.
- We can calculate your personal or partnership tax liability and submit your returns.
- If you’re a limited company, we can calculate and submit your corporate tax returns.
- We provide payroll services, which incorporate assistance with your auto enrolment responsibilities.
- Our team can advise you on whether or not you have payroll obligations, including whether HMRC would consider you have employees or use self employed practitioners.
Veronica has over 30 years experience in VAT. She is a Chartered Tax Advisor and Associate of the Institute of Indirect Taxation, speaks regularly at tax conferences and contributes to industry journals. With a UK client base, Veronica is also the lead VAT advisor for various regional networks. She frequently meets with clients to discuss and advise on their concerns about VAT.
Richard Patterson is a General Practice partner within Campbell Dallas. His experience includes working with many owner managed multi-site businesses, which is advantageous in the aesthetic sector. He also provides strategic advice to his clients, working with them to understand their aspirations, and helping identify practical solutions to various commercial challenges.
Andrew qualified as a Chartered Certified Accountant in 2009. He has significant experience in a wide range of areas; assisting clients with statutory accounts production, taxation, financial forecasting and Banking requirements for a portfolio of corporate clients and individuals. He brings all of this experience to the Aesthetics team within Campbell Dallas.
Jennifer, a pharmacy graduate, is a subject matter expert in the aesthetic sector. She works alongside Veronica and is an integral part of the team. She conducts on-site and online reviews for clients across the UK, advising on VAT, record keeping, partial exemption and VAT returns.
Martin has specialised in VAT & Indirect Tax since 2007. He manages a portfolio of clients and has experience working within the aesthetics industry, including undertaking VAT and patient questionnaire reviews, and business restructuring. Martin also has significant experience in relation to the VAT and indirect tax issues associated with land and property, personal pensions arrangements, and HMRC enquiries.
A Chartered Certified Accountant, Charlotte works with many clients in accounts preparation and tax returns. Working closely with our medical and aesthetics clients Charlotte is also a “Xero Hero” and assists clients in transitioning to Cloud accounting, training them and providing ongoing support & assistance.
Jennifer is an assistant accountant based in Glasgow and is progressing through her professional qualifications. She works in the Business Advisory Services team, where she works with our aesthetic clients in preparing accounts, tax returns and assistance with bookkeeping.
We are able to offer added value services to our aesthetics clients through commercial partnerships we have forged with selected providers, who are specialists in the aesthetics sector. These connections aim to reduce time and cost, allowing you to focus on achieving your business goals.
The team at Tru Wealth are experienced financial advisors who understand the uniqueness of the sector and offer pragmatic financial planning and advice services, including mortgages and insurance. They can help plan both personal and business goals, providing practical and reassuring financial strength. Find out more about their services here.
Xact are able to deliver tailored solutions across a range of business support essentials, for both young or established businesses, and solo practitioners. Their services include health & safety reviews, human resource and employment law support. For more information, please contact Veronica Donnelly.