We are looking for a confident, motivated and experienced VAT Senior to join our team in our Glasgow office. The ideal candidate for this role will be a skilled multi-tasker, reliable and committed to furthering their career in Indirect Tax.
At Campbell Dallas, we recognise and are extremely proud of our talented professionals and we are continuously looking to strengthen our team. Personal Development is very important to us therefore we will provide on-going training in an exciting and motivating work environment.
Campbell Dallas are one of the most dynamic and progressive firms of accountants & business advisors with a wide range of clients; ranging from individuals, family businesses and large corporates across the breadth of Scotland from all industry sectors.
We take the time to understand our clients’ key objectives, businesses and the markets they operate in, enabling us to provide an advisory rich service, to help each of our clients’ businesses grow.
With over 20 years’ experience and a host of awards for client service, we’ll ensure you’re getting the best guidance from the smartest people in the industry. As the Scottish part of the CogitalGroup we have access to the latest technology for our clients to benefit from now, and in the future as changes such as Making Tax Digital come into play.
Day-to-day Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting Partners and Senior Management with the provision of VAT consultancy advice for our clients
- You will be responsible for preparation and completion of written advice, ensuing that appropriate VAT technical research has been undertaken, and that sufficient documentation is retained to support opinions and conclusions
- Supporting senior members of the team with complex VAT enquiries, such as land and property transactions, partial exemption calculations and cross border transactions
- Preparation of online VAT registration applications, option to tax notifications and other HMRC forms
- Supporting senior members with business development and new work initiatives
- Remain up to date with VAT legislation, case law and guidance updates
- Assist with development of more junior members within the team
- Manage and develop client relationships
- Complete all administration in a timely manner (including timesheets and fees) and to a high standard
- Demonstrate the Campbell Dallas values at all times
- To assist in any reasonable manner to achieve the requirements of Campbell Dallas and the business goals
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Relevant previous VAT experience likely to be from a practice or HMRC background
- ATT or CTA qualified/part qualified or similar (preferred but not essential)
- Effective team working skills
- Effective planning and organising skills to ensure that the varied workload is managed effectively
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, and the ability to engage at all levels
- IT literate; good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for flexible working
- Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlement
- Attractive bonus staff referral scheme
- Excellent working environment
- Company pension scheme
- Dress down Friday
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Tech Scheme
If you are looking for a new exciting challenge in your career, then we are interested in hearing from you. To apply directly to our recruitment team, please click here
Please note that the closing date for this position is Friday 31st January.