We are looking for a highly motivated Tax Senior to join our Glasgow office. The ideal candidate for this role will be an enthusiastic and ambitious individual ready to take the next step in their tax career.
Working as part of the General Practice and Tax Audit compliance team in Glasgow, the successful candidate will be expected to work well within the team and be responsible for a portfolio of clients. This varied portfolio will include tax compliance work and assistance with advisory projects on occasion.
We would ideally like a recently qualified individual (CTA or ICAS or part qualified ATT). We would support the candidate working towards the completion of their tax qualifications.
We are looking for candidates that are good communicators; self-motivated; have an open mind; and are adaptable to change.
You will have our full support as you progress through your professional qualifications, receiving a wide variety of experience along the way. You will be mentored and developed by a team with a wealth of skills and knowledge, who will strive to provide you with all the support you will need.
Campbell Dallas is one of the most dynamic and progressive firms of accountants & business advisors with a wide range of clients; ranging from individuals, family businesses and large corporates across the breadth of Scotland from all industry sectors.
We take the time to understand our clients’ key objectives, businesses and the markets they operate in, enabling us to provide an advisory rich service, to help each of our clients’ businesses grow.
We excel in providing client service and are Scotland’s Accountancy Firm of the Year three years in a row. As part of the Cogital Group we have access to the latest technology for our clients now and in the future, including our smart, web-based portal – CoZone.
Day-to-day Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for day to day tax compliance affairs for a portfolio of clients, large and complex, including mainly audit clients, groups of companies, PLCs etc
• Preparation and submission of Corporate Tax Returns and associated tax computations on these large and complex businesses
• Communicating with HMRC
• Responsible for delivery of quality tax advice and be capable of dealing with ad hoc client issues
• Supporting Tax Managers and Tax Partners in ad hoc advisory work
• Working collaboratively with other departments in the firm, especially the Audit Team
• Ensure that all deadlines are met
• Coach and mentor more junior members of staff, including support for their training and development, both formally and informally, in line with the people strategy
• Delegate work as appropriate to the rest of the team
• Complete all administration in a timely manner (including timesheets and fees) and to a high standard
• Demonstrate the firm’s values at all times
• Assist in any reasonable manner to achieve the requirements of the firm and the business goals
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
• Relevant previous experience required within professional services. Professional qualifications – either qualified/part qualified (ATT/CTA, CA, ACCA)
• Work both autonomously and as part of a team
• Effective team working skills
• Effective planning and organising skills to ensure that the varied workload is managed effectively
• Ability to work to strict deadlines and apply own initiative
• Accurate decision making
• Good communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels
• Good client service skills
• IT literate; good knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of corporation tax software
What we can offer you?
We reward our employees with extensive benefits, such as:
• Access to, and support from, a strong regional tax practice comprising experienced tax professionals – one of the largest in Scotland
• Competitive salary
• Opportunities for flexible working, including location
• Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlement
• Attractive bonus staff referral scheme
• Excellent working environment
• Company pension scheme
• Dress down Fridays
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Tech Scheme
If you are looking for a new challenging opportunity to progress your career, then we are interested in hearing from you. To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to JoinUs@campbelldallas.co.uk.
Please note that the closing date for this position is Friday 29 November.