We are looking for an experience L&D specialist to join our team in Glasgow. The purpose of this role is to work as part of the L&D team within a large professional services group, to provide a proactive, professional and supportive L&D across all service lines and offices. Responsible for the development, delivery and evaluation of a full training cycle in line with the group’s strategy.
This role will involve extensive travel across Scotland and the North of England.
Campbell Dallas is one of the most dynamic and progressive firms of accountants & business advisors with a wide range of clients; ranging from individuals, family businesses and large corporates across the breadth of Scotland from all industry sectors.
We take the time to understand our clients’ key objectives, businesses and the markets they operate in, enabling us to provide an advisory rich service, to help each of our clients’ businesses grow.
We excel in providing client service and are Scotland’s Accountancy Firm of the Year three years in a row. As part of the Cogital Group we have access to the latest technology for our clients now and in the future.
Day-to-day Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage the full training cycle up to management level within the Group
- Assist the Head of L&D with the development, delivery and support of programmes which support the long-term development of skills and knowledge across the group, and enables staff, managers and directors to fulfil their potential in line with the needs of the Group and relevant professional bodies
- Support offices and line managers in conducting training needs analysis and aid the development of appropriate training and development plans and activities
- Develop intranet resources and knowledge/ideas exchanges
- Work with the Head of L&D to create varying support initiatives to develop service lines
- Effective evaluation of activities and related training costs, providing regular reporting to the Head of L&D
- Develop and manage effective onboarding programmes with the wider HR team
- Support the training undertaken by those staff going through professional qualifications. Monitor and review progress of groups and individuals and report to Partners & Managers, where appropriate
- Produce training material for in-house courses, including online recorded and live webinars
- Research, implement and develop new methods of learning as appropriate
- Be familiar with e-learning techniques and, where relevant, be involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages
- Ensure that statutory training requirements are met
- In conjunction with the Head of L&D and Partners responsible for professional training, offer support for the Students across all locations in the Group. This includes making recommendations on and taking part in their recruitment and induction process, providing ongoing support as well as managing administration and liaising with appropriate professional bodies
- Ensure that CPD is accurately recorded and reported
- Work with external training providers to ensure cost effective and appropriate training is carried out
- Assist with the development of the L&D function across the Group
- Ensure all written documentation reflects the professional image of the Group
- Provide support to L&D projects and daily activities as required
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- 3 – 5 years L&D experience preferably in a professional services Group
- Preferred candidates will hold an appropriate qualification or be willing to work towards one
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong planning and organisation skills should be demonstrated with the ability to provide a pro-active HR service
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
What we can offer you?
We reward our employees with extensive benefits, such as:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for flexible working
- Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlement
- Excellent working environment
- Attractive bonus staff referral scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Dress down Fridays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Tech Scheme
If you are looking for a new challenging opportunity to progress your career, then we are interested in hearing from you. To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to JoinUs@campbelldallas.co.uk.
Please note the closing date for this position is Friday 12 July.