The Regional Digital Accounting Senior role is for individuals with technical experience in cloud accounting and an ability to develop clients and staff on their digital journey.
As a firm we are undergoing a period of rapid change due to the speed and evolution of accounting and financial technology such as digital accounting platforms and software apps. Our firm has also launched its own digital platform, CoZone, to enhance client service delivery. The purpose of this role is to understand, manage and roll-out the adoption of these platforms and apps to clients and staff. The ideal candidate will be responsible for delivering initiatives across the Scottish region.
You will be passionate about digital accounting platforms such as Receipt Bank and Xero, and how these platforms and common add-on apps are changing how our clients do business and our delivery of accounting services. The successful candidate will therefore be responsible for the roll-out and adoption of these platforms and apps by clients and staff.
The role is a combination of technical digital accounting experience, training and capacity building for staff and clients, project management and operational responsibilities on a national scale.
- Create, lead, and manage a staff training plan to increase the capability of staff to use Receipt Bank, Xero and other common add-on applications
- Build and deliver internal training programmes for staff to upskill them in their technical ability to use cloud software
- Develop guidance, tools, and processes for staff to enable them to deliver cloud accounting training to their portfolio of clients
- Assist in the delivery of Receipt Bank and Xero training for clients where required
- Provide support to clients and staff with their internal and client specific cloud accounting queries
- Act as the key relationship manager for all cloud accounting software representatives and account managers
- Assist the Regional Head of Digital Transformation in key projects to drive the digitisation of compliance across Campbell Dallas
- Assist in the delivery of large-scale initiatives, such as Making Tax Digital and further Government initiatives, to ensure staff and clients are educated and trained
- Monthly and weekly operational duties such as software billing, software health checks, invoicing and managing software suppliers
- Assist in the skills development of our Digital Office Leaders and Digital Champions network alongside the Regional Head of Digital Transformation
- Communicate key changes in software platforms to staff
- Lead the implementation of new developments in software platforms e.g. Xero Tax module, Instafile and future developments
- Grow trusted relationships both internally with colleagues and externally with existing and new clients
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- ICAS, ICAEW or ACCA qualification is desired but not essential
- Experience in working in accounting, bookkeeping and tax service lines
- Strong technical cloud accounting experience in Receipt Bank and Xero is essential
- Strong technical cloud accounting experience in Autoentry, Fluidly and other common add-on applications is desirable but not essential
- Significant experience, passion for and knowledge of implementing Xero for small SMEs to medium to large-size SMEs is essential
- Strong project management and team working skills
- Strong relationship management skills with external and internal stakeholders
- Effective planning and organising skills to ensure that the varied workload is managed effectively
- Good communication skills and the ability to engage with senior members of staff
- Good client service skills
- IT literate; good knowledge of Microsoft Office; CCH experience is advantageous
- Self motivated
What we can offer you
We reward our employees with extensive benefits, such as:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for flexible working, including location
- Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlement
- Excellent working environment
- Free parking facility
- Attractive bonus staff referral scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Dress down Fridays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Tech Scheme
If you are looking for a new challenging opportunity to progress your career, then we are interested in hearing from you. To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to JoinUs@campbelldallas.co.uk.
Please note that the closing date for this position is Friday 25 October.