We are looking for an enthusiastic Graduate Trainee to join our Eskbank office. The ideal candidate for this role will be a skilled multi-tasker, reliable and motivated individual.
The purpose of this role is to support the Tax Compliance team with a wide range of clients and gain valuable Tax experience.
At Campbell Dallas, we pride ourselves on strengthening and developing our employees. The successful candidate will undertake a three year training contract.
Campbell Dallas is one of the most dynamic and progressive firms of accountants & business advisors with a wide range of clients; ranging from individuals, family businesses and large corporates across the breadth of Scotland from all industry sectors.
We take time to understand our clients’ key objectives, businesses and the markets they operate in, enabling us to provide an advisory rich service, to help each of our clients’ businesses grow.
We excel in providing client service and are Scotland’s Accountancy Firm of the Year three years in a row. As part of the Cogital Group we have access to the latest technology for our clients now and in the future, including our smart, web-based portal – CoZone.
Day-to-day Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparation of personal tax returns for multiple clients
• Support the Personal Tax team in ensuring all tax deadlines are met for clients
• Opportunity to develop technical tax skills in areas such as Capital Allowances, Farmer’s Averaging, EIS and dealing with HMRC
• Ad hoc administration duties
• Demonstrate the Campbell Dallas values at all times
• Assist in any reasonable manner to achieve the requirements of Campbell Dallas and the business goals
• Any other ad hoc duties as required
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
• Achieved or currently on target for a 2:1 honours degree
• Strong first time passes at Higher/Advanced Higher (or equivalent)
• Strong and effective communicator
• Able to work within a team as well as work on own initiative
• Strong IT skills
• Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple task, and adapt to change within the profession
• Excellent organisational skills with great attention to detail
What we can offer you?
We reward our employees with extensive benefits, such as:
• Competitive salary
• Opportunities for flexible working
• Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlement
• Excellent working environment
• Free parking facility
• Attractive bonus staff referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Dress down Fridays
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Tech Scheme
If you are looking for an excellent Graduate opportunity in Tax, then we are interested in hearing from you. To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to JoinUs@campbelldallas.co.uk.
Please note that the closing date for this position is Friday 6 September.