We are looking for a confident Personal Tax Manager to join our team in our Edinburgh (Eskbank) office. The ideal candidate for this role will be a skilled multi-tasker, reliable and is committed to consistently meeting strict deadlines.
The purpose of this role is to oversee and manage the Personal Tax team and have responsibility over their portfolio. This includes managing tax compliance work and ad-hoc advisory across our extensive and varied personal tax portfolio of private clients, sole traders, partnerships and trusts.
At Campbell Dallas, we recognise and are proud of our talented professionals and are continuously looking to strengthen our team. Personal Development is important to us therefore we will provide on-going training in an exciting and motivating work environment.
Campbell Dallas is one of the most dynamic and progressive firms of accountants & business advisors with a wide range of clients; ranging from individuals, family businesses and large corporates across the breadth of Scotland from all industry sectors.
We take the time to understand our clients’ key objectives, businesses and the markets they operate in, enabling us to provide an advisory rich service, to help each of our clients’ businesses grow.
We excel in providing client service and are Scotland’s Accountancy Firm of the Year three years in a row. As part of the Cogital Group we have access to the latest technology for our clients now and in the future, including our smart, web-based portal – CoZone.
Day-to-day Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage a client portfolio with a high level of client responsibility and overseeing administrator’s portfolio
• Workflow management across team for own portfolio
• Dealing with all elements of client service with support from the Partner Group for technical areas.
• Responsible for delivery of quality advice and be capable of dealing with ad hoc client issues
• Ensure high levels of communication are maintained with staff, partners and clients. This includes accessing and engaging with the wider tax compliance and advisory team in the Scottish and UK firm
• Responsible for review of timesheets for the personal tax team, managing and overseeing work in progress and fees across the team’s personal tax client portfolio
• Ensure that their work is in line with the four Group goals and encourage and support others in line with the overall people strategy
• Supervise, allocate and review work of more junior members of the team in line with the people strategy
• Coach and mentor more junior members of staff, including support for their training and development, both formally and informally, in line with the people strategy
• Delegate work as appropriate to the rest of the team
• Carry out staff annual and interim performance reviews
• Comply with all departmental and Group wide processes
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
• Relevant previous experience required within professional services. Professional qualifications (CA, ACCA, CTA) are an advantage
• Work both autonomously and as part of a team
• Effective team working skills
• Effective planning and organising skills to ensure that the varied workload is managed effectively
• Accurate decision making
• Good communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels
• Good client service skills
• IT literate; good knowledge of Microsoft Office. Knowledge of CCH Wolters Kluwer or similar tax system
What we can offer you
We reward our employees with extensive benefits, such as:
• Access to and support from a strong regional tax practice comprising experienced tax professionals; one of the largest in Scotland
• Competitive salary
• Opportunities for flexible working, including location
• Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlement
• Excellent working environment
• Free parking facility
• Attractive bonus staff referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Dress down Fridays
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Tech Scheme
If you are looking for a new challenging opportunity to progress your career, then we are interested in hearing from you. To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to JoinUs@campbelldallas.co.uk.
Please note that the closing date for this position is Monday 15 July.