Are you experienced working within Tax and feel like it’s time for a new challenge?
Do you feel like your current position is limiting your potential?
Would you like to work as part of a small, close-knit team that also has the support of a large wider group?
We are looking to hire a motivated Personal Tax Assistant to join our busy team in our Ayr office. The ideal candidate for this role will be enthusiastic, ambitious and looking to make the next move in their tax career.
You will have exposure to working within a tax specific role or you will have been working within a more general accounts position however have a particular interest in tax due to the experience you have so far.
Working as part of the tax compliance team, the successful candidate will be expected to work well within the team and be responsible for their own portfolio of clients. This varied portfolio will include tax compliance work for private clients, sole traders and partnerships. You will have the support of a stable and experienced team and will be able to learn from them.
At Campbell Dallas, we recognise and are proud of our talented professionals and are continuously looking to strengthen our team. Personal Development is important to us therefore we will provide on-going training in an exciting and motivating work environment.
Campbell Dallas is one of the most dynamic and progressive firms of accountants & business advisors with a wide range of clients; ranging from individuals, family businesses and large corporates across the breadth of Scotland from all industry sectors.
We take the time to understand our clients’ key objectives, businesses and the markets they operate in, enabling us to provide an advisory rich service, to help each of our clients’ businesses grow.
We excel in providing client service and are Scotland’s Accountancy Firm of the Year three years in a row. As part of the Cogital Group we have access to the latest technology for our clients now and in the future, including our smart, web-based portal – CoZone.
Day-to-day Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all day to day personal tax compliance affairs for a portfolio of clients
- Prepare and submit Tax Returns and associated tax computations
- Communicate with HMRC
- Support Manager and Partners with ad hoc queries
- Work collaboratively with other departments in the firm
- Ensure that all deadlines are met
- Complete all administration in a timely manner (including timesheets and fees) and to a high standard
- Demonstrate the Campbell Dallas values at all times
- Assist in any reasonable manner to achieve the requirements of Campbell Dallas and the business goals
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience working within the tax department/exposure to working within tax within an accountancy firm or law firm
- Being ATT/CTA qualified or part qualified is advantageous but not essential
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels
- High level of planning and organisational skills
- Excellent team working
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and apply own initiative
- Willingness to learn and develop yourself and others
- Excellent working knowledge of IT systems and applications
- Experience using CCH software is desired but not essential
What we can offer you
We reward our employees with extensive benefits, such as:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for flexible working, including location
- Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlement
- Excellent working environment
- Attractive bonus staff referral scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Dress down Fridays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Tech Scheme
If you are looking for a new challenging opportunity to progress your career, then we are interested in hearing from you. To apply directly to our recruitment team, please email email@example.com
Please note that the closing date for this position is Friday 28th February.