We are looking for an experienced Customs Manager to join our Glasgow office. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge in Customs and maintain and manage a portfolio of clients, liaising with the Director and Partner, as appropriate. You will be based in Glasgow and expected to service clients across Scotland and the UK.
At Campbell Dallas, we recognise and are proud of our talented professionals and are continuously looking to strengthen our team. Personal Development is important to us therefore we will provide on-going training in an exciting and motivating work environment.
Campbell Dallas is one of the most dynamic and progressive firms of accountants & business advisors with a wide range of clients; ranging from individuals, family businesses and large corporates across the breadth of Scotland from all industry sectors.
We take the time to understand our clients’ key objectives, businesses and the markets they operate in, enabling us to provide an advisory rich service, to help each of our clients’ businesses grow.
Day-to-day Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist clients with Customs, international trade and Excise queries
- Advise clients on Customs regimes and simplifications including inward processing, outward processing, Customs warehousing, end-use, temporary admission and CFSP
- Perform risk and Duty assessments with follow up reports to advise implementation of processes and systems
- Draft file notes, opinion letters and bespoke reports
- Advise clients on classification, valuation and preference, offering simplified and Duty efficient solutions
- Support clients with Brexit planning
- Provide bespoke training to clients in specialist areas
- Manage and develop client relationships by promoting and leading the service delivery to clients by providing proactive advice
- Identify potential client opportunities for existing clients and attend meetings to win work from new clients
- Participate in client tendering and pitching process
- Support practice development/marketing events, as required, to promote CD, sometimes outwith normal working hours
- Maintain profile within local business community
- Line management responsibilities
- Assist with technical training and department management with input into staff planning and assisting with the coaching and development of more junior members within the team
- Remain up-to-date on Customs, Brexit and industry developments and issues
- Remain up-to-date with UCC legislation, advise clients of pending changes in Customs law and subsequent implications
- Ensure all administration is completed in a timely manner and to a high standard, including timesheets
- Responsible for ensuring that own chargeable time budgets and fee variance targets are met, with participation in the managing and setting of budgets for jobs
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Relevant previous experience required
- CTA qualified or similar is advantageous
- In-depth knowledge of Customs & Excise is favourable
- Working knowledge of accountabilities with HMRC or in-house
- Knowledge of Authorised Economic Operator regime is preferred
- Effective team-working skills
- Effective planning and organising skills to ensure that the varied workload is managed effectively
- Good communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels
- IT literate; good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Self motivated
What we can offer you
We reward our employees with extensive benefits, such as:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for flexible working, including location
- Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlement
- Excellent working environment
- Free parking facility
- Attractive bonus staff referral scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Dress down Fridays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Tech Scheme
If you are looking for a new exciting challenge in your career, then we are interested in hearing from you. To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to JoinUs@campbelldallas.co.uk.
Please note that the closing date for this position is Friday 20 September.