We are looking for an enthusiastic Graduate Trainee to join our team in our Glasgow office. The ideal candidate will be a skilled multi-tasker, as well as a reliable and motivated individual.
The purpose of this role is to support the Tax Compliance team across a varied range of clients and sectors and gain valuable experience of the tax world.
At Campbell Dallas, we pride ourselves on developing our employees. As such, the successful candidate will undertake a three-year CA training contract. We are an ICAS approved training provider, an ACCA Platinum Level Accredited Training Firm and an AAT Accredited Employer. This means you’ll be given a structured development programme to get you through your exams.
Campbell Dallas are a dynamic and progressive firm of accountants & business advisors with a wide range of clients; ranging from individuals, family businesses and large corporates across the breadth of Scotland from all industry sectors.
We take the time to understand our clients’ key objectives, businesses and the markets they operate in, enabling us to provide an advisory rich service, to help each of our clients’ businesses grow.
With over 20 years’ experience and a host of awards for client service, we’ll ensure you’re getting the best guidance from the smartest people in the industry. As the Scottish part of the CogitalGroup we have access to the latest technology for our clients to benefit from now, and in the future as changes such as Making Tax Digital come into play.
Day-to-day Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparation of corporate tax returns and tax accounting for multiple clients
• Support Tax Compliance team in ensuring all tax deadlines are met for clients
• You will have the opportunity to develop solutions for our clients in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Opportunity to develop specific tax technical skills in areas such as capital allowances, Patent Box, R&D tax credits and dealing with HMRC
• You will have exposure to tax planning opportunities
• Demonstrate the Campbell Dallas values at all times
• To assist with administration tasks in any reasonable manner to achieve the requirements of Campbell Dallas and the business goals
• Any other ad hoc administration duties as required
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
• Achieved or currently on target for a 2:1 honours degree
• Strong first time passes at Higher/Advanced Higher (or equivalent)
• Strong and effective communicator
• Able to work within a team as well as work on own initiative
• Strong IT skills
• Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple tasks, and adapt to change within the profession
• Excellent organisational skills with great attention to detail
What we can offer you?
We reward our employees with extensive benefits, such as:
• Competitive salary
• Opportunities for flexible working
• Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlement
• Excellent working environment
• Free parking facility
• Attractive bonus staff referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Dress down Fridays
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Tech Scheme
If you are looking for an excellent Graduate opportunity in Tax, then we are interested in hearing from you. To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to JoinUs@campbelldallas.co.uk.
Please note that the closing date for this position is Friday the 5th of April.