We are looking for a highly motivated Tax Manager to join our Campbell Dallas Glasgow office. The ideal candidate for this role will be an enthusiastic and ambitious individual ready to take the next step in their career in tax.
Working as part of the General Practice and Tax Audit compliance team in Glasgow the successful candidate will be expected to work well within the team and be responsible for a portfolio of clients. This varied portfolio will include tax reporting compliance work on our largest audit and most complex clients.
There will be a requirement to provide ad-hoc assistance with tax advisory projects on occasion. Line Manager responsibility for junior staff, including tax trainees and other tax seniors in the team and oversight of their work will be a requirement.
We would ideally like a qualified individual (CTA or ICAS or part qualified ATT). The candidate needs to be well organised and able to co-ordinate the team to meet tight deadlines.
Campbell Dallas is one of the most dynamic and progressive firms of accountants & business advisors with a wide range of clients; ranging from individuals, family businesses and large corporates across the breadth of Scotland from all industry sectors.
We take the time to understand our clients’ key objectives, businesses and the markets they operate in, enabling us to provide an advisory rich service, to help each of our clients’ businesses grow.
With over 20 years’ experience and a host of awards for client service, we’ll ensure you’re getting the best guidance from the smartest people in the industry. As the Scottish part of the CogitalGroup we have access to the latest technology for our clients to benefit from now, and in the future as changes such as Making Tax Digital come into play.
Day-to-day Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for day to day tax compliance affairs for a portfolio of clients, large and complex, including mainly audit clients, groups of companies, PLCs etc.
- Review of Corporate Tax computations and Returns and Group Tax work on large and complex businesses.
- Communicating with HMRC.
- Responsible for delivery of quality tax advice and be capable of dealing with ad hoc client issues
- Supporting other Tax Managers and Tax Partners in ad hoc advisory work.
- Working collaboratively with other departments in the firm, especially the Audit Team.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Counsel and coach junior members of staff, including support for their training and development, both formally and informally, in line with the people strategy
- Delegate work as appropriate to the rest of the team
- Complete all administration in a timely manner (including timesheets and fees) and to a high standard.
- Demonstrate the firm’s values at all times.
- Assist in any reasonable manner to achieve the requirements of the firm and the business
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Relevant previous experience required within professional services.
- Professional qualifications – either qualified/part qualified (ATT/CTA, CA, ACCA).
- Work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of tax accounting and deferred tax is necessary
- Knowledge of R&D tax credit claims would be advantageous
- Effective team working skills
- Effective planning and organising skills to ensure that the varied workload is managed effectively
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and apply own initiative.
- Accurate decision making
- Good communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels
- Good client service skills
- IT literate; good knowledge of Microsoft Office. Knowledge of corporation tax software.
What we can offer you
We reward our employees with extensive benefits, such as:
• Competitive salary
• Opportunities for flexible working, including location
• Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlement
• Excellent working environment
• Attractive bonus staff referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Dress down Fridays
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Tech Scheme
If you are looking for a new challenging opportunity to progress your career, then we are interested in hearing from you. To apply directly to our recruitment team, please click here
Please note that the closing date for this position is Monday 20th April.