We are looking for an enthusiastic Bookkeeping Assistant to assist with managing our busy and fast paced Accounts and Business Services team in Perth.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of bookkeeping jobs within the Perth office. You will maintain the accounting records for your allocated clients and take responsibility for the preparation and submission of the VAT returns, ensuring internal and external approval processes are followed and submission deadlines are met.
At Campbell Dallas, we recognise and are extremely proud of our talented professionals and we are continuously looking to strengthen our team. Personal Development is very important to us so therefore we will provide on-going training in an exciting and motivating work environment.
Campbell Dallas are one of the most dynamic and progressive firms of accountants & business advisors with a wide range of clients; ranging from individuals, family businesses and large corporates across the breadth of Scotland from all industry sectors.
We take the time to understand our clients’ key objectives, businesses and the markets they operate in, enabling us to provide an advisory rich service, to help each of our clients’ businesses grow.
With over 20 years’ experience and a host of awards for client service, we’ll ensure you’re getting the best guidance from the smartest people in the industry. As the Scottish division of the CogitalGroup we have access to the latest technology for our clients to benefit from now, and in the future as changes such as Making Tax Digital come into play.
Day-to-day Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively co-ordinate and manage your own client portfolio and plan work accordingly
- Communicate with both the client and your line manager regarding any issues or queries in a timely and professional manner
- As required provide training to clients on all aspects of bookkeeping
- Ensure that submission deadlines are met for your client portfolio
- Complete all administration in a timely manner (including timesheets and raising fees) and to a high standard
- Demonstrate the firm values at all times, with awareness of your influence over others in the team
- Assist in any reasonable manner to achieve the requirements of the firm and the business goals
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Relevant previous bookkeeping experience essential, not necessarily from within an accountancy firm. Applicants from similar roles within industry will be considered
- Effective team working skills but must also be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Effective planning and organising skills to ensure that the varied workload is managed effectively
- Good communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels
- IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience using Sage and Xero is preferable but not essential
What we can offer you
We reward our employees with extensive benefits, such as:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for flexible working
- Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlement
- Excellent working environment
- Attractive bonus staff referral scheme
- Excellent working environment
- Company pension scheme
- Dress down Friday
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Tech Scheme
If you are looking for a new challenging opportunity to progress your career, then we are interested in hearing from you.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is correct as at December 2018.