We are looking for an experienced Accounts Senior to join our team in our Ayr office. The ideal candidate for this role will be a skilled multi-tasker, reliable and committed to consistently meeting strict deadlines.
The purpose of this role is to ensure the smooth completion of accounts preparation, along with both corporate and personal tax work within the Accounts and Business Services team.
At Campbell Dallas, we recognise and are proud of our talented professionals and are continuously looking to strengthen our team. Personal Development is important to us therefore we will provide on-going training in an exciting and motivating work environment.
Campbell Dallas is one of the most dynamic and progressive firms of accountants & business advisors with a wide range of clients; ranging from individuals, family businesses and large corporates across the breadth of Scotland from all industry sectors.
We take the time to understand our clients’ key objectives, businesses and the markets they operate in, enabling us to provide an advisory rich service, to help each of our clients’ businesses grow.
We excel in providing client service and are Scotland’s Accountancy Firm of the Year three years in a row. As part of the Cogital Group we have access to the latest technology for our clients now and in the future, including our smart, web-based portal – CoZone.
Day-to-day Duties and Responsibilities
• Accounts preparation – complete full sets of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and companies, including planning and completion
• Tax computations – personal, partnership and corporate
• Manage own portfolio with responsibility for client care
• Raising fees, responsibility for WIP and recoveries against time on own portfolio
• Assisting clients with bookkeeping and preparation of opening balance adjustments, including visiting clients’ premises
• Ensure that reporting deadlines are met
• Assist in training and delegation of work to junior staff
• Update system with current job status
• Required to provide ad hoc support to bookkeeping and VAT department at peak times
• Completes all administration in a timely manner (including timesheets and fees) and to a high standard
• Demonstrate the Campbell Dallas values at all times
• To assist in any reasonable manner to achieve the requirements of Campbell Dallas and the business goals
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
• Relevant previous experience required. Relevant qualification or qualified by experience
• Strong communicator, willing to challenge where required
• Ability to understand basic tax planning relating to salaries and dividends
• Experience of Cloud Accounting packages
• Good client service skills
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Be able to work within a team as well as work on own initiative
• Strong IT skills, good knowledge of Microsoft Office, must have excellent IRIS experience
• Ability to engage at all levels
• Effective planning and organising skills to ensure that the varied workload is managed effectively
• Confident and able to make decisions
• Excellent organisational skills with great attention to detail
What we can offer you?
We reward our employees with extensive benefits, such as:
• Competitive salary
• Opportunities for flexible working, including location
• Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlement
• Attractive bonus staff referral scheme
• Excellent working environment
• Company pension scheme
• Dress down Fridays
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Tech Scheme
If you are looking for a new challenging opportunity to progress your career, then we are interested in hearing from you. To apply directly to our recruitment team, please click here
Please note that the closing date for this position is Friday 31st January.