We are looking for an enthusiastic Accounts Assistant to join our team in our Glasgow office. The ideal candidate for this role will be a skilled multi-tasker, reliable and motivated individual.
The purpose of this role is to ensure the smooth completion of accounts preparation jobs and tax returns within the Accounts and Business Services team.
At Campbell Dallas, we recognise and are extremely proud of our talented professionals and we are continuously looking to strengthen our team. Personal Development is very important to us therefore we will provide on-going training in an exciting and motivating work environment.
Campbell Dallas are one of the most dynamic and progressive firms of accountants & business advisors with a wide range of clients; ranging from individuals, family businesses and large corporates across the breadth of Scotland from all industry sectors.
We take the time to understand our clients’ key objectives, businesses and the markets they operate in, enabling us to provide an advisory rich service, to help each of our clients’ businesses grow.
With over 20 years’ experience and a host of awards for client service, we’ll ensure you’re getting the best guidance from the smartest people in the industry. As the Scottish part of the CogitalGroup we have access to the latest technology for our clients to benefit from now, and in the future as changes such as Making Tax Digital come into play.
Day-to-day Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounts preparation – for review by senior team members.
- Tax computations – both personal, partnership and corporate.
- Update system with current job status.
- To assist senior employees in the delivery of accounts to deadline.
- Completes all administration in a timely manner (including timesheets) and to a high standard.
- Required to provide ad hoc support to bookkeeping and VAT department at peak times.
- Demonstrate the Campbell Dallas values at all times.
- To assist in any reasonable manner to achieve the requirements of Campbell Dallas and the business goals.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Relevant previous accountancy experience required.
- May be working towards qualification.
- Strong and effective communicator.
- Be able to work within a team as well as work on their own initiative.
- Strong IT skills.
- Effective planning and organising skills to ensure that the varied workload is managed effectively.
- Excellent organisational skills with great attention to detail.
What we can offer you
We reward our employees with extensive benefits, such as:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for flexible working
- Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlement
- Excellent working environment
- Attractive bonus staff referral scheme
- Free car parking
- Company pension scheme
- Dress down Fridays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Tech Scheme
If you are looking for a new challenging opportunity to progress your career, then we are interested in hearing from you. To apply directly to our recruitment team, please click here
Please note that the closing date for this position is Monday 3rd February.