We currently act for a growing number of General Dental Practitioners (GDP’s) across Scotland providing a partner-led service that is proactive and bespoke to the needs of our dental clients, as well as being proud members of NASDAL (National Association of Specialist Dental Accountants and Lawyers).
As well as dealing with the compliance based services such as preparation of accounts and tax returns, we also provide additional support services and information to help our dental clients better understand their financial figures and minimise potential tax liabilities. We create regular sector updates on current topics specifically for dentists and provide annual benchmark reports on how the finances of your practice compares with the averages of others.
Our dental team is led by partner, Roy Hogg, who has been working with dentists for over 20 years and is regularly asked to speak at seminars and contribute articles on financial matters affecting dentists. The dental team operates out of all of our offices, providing local support for our dental practice clients.
The specialist areas that we have advised our dental clients on include the following:
- Review of existing trading status for possible incorporation or introduction of a corporate partner
- Utilisation of approved tax planning vehicles to mitigate future tax exposure
- Advice on the acquisition or disposal of a Practice
- Advice on partnership formation and dissolution
- Surgery relocation, redevelopment and refinancing of Practice premises
- Payroll processing and advice
- Bookkeeping and related advice
We agree a fixed fee up front in advance of the work being performed and many dental clients choose to spread the cost over a year by monthly direct debit payment.
Our services are built around our four main commitments to our dental practice clients, which are to:
- Provide the Practice/GDP’s with meaningful financial statements
- Review the financial statements to ensure maximum profitability
- Provide proactive advice to the Practice/GDP’s on financial, taxation and consultancy matters
- Develop a close working relationship with the Practice/GDP’s
Roy leads our dental team and has been working with dentists for over 20 years. He is a member of NASDAL and regularly presents at seminars on a wide range of accounting and taxation matters, as well as being a regular contributor of articles to Healthcare publications.
Neil has over 25 years experience looking after owner managed businesses in Scotland. Having many clients in the dental sector, he is regularly asked to speak at seminars and contribute articles on financial matters affecting the industry.
John is a qualified Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Adviser with 20 years of experience advising owner managed businesses including many dentists. John provides pro-active tax advice for dentists including tax planning for the acquisition or disposal of a practice; tax planning to mitigate future tax exposure for the practice and considering the most tax efficient trading vehicle for dentists.
Lee joined the firm in 2000 and is a Manager within the Stirling office, looking after a large portfolio of clients; majority of whom are within the dental sector. She is a regular face at the dental shows the firm attends. She has extensive knowledge of both annual compliance matters and additional support services. Lee also has experience in the preparation of business plans and financial projections in support of business acquisitions and disposals.