As the aesthetics sector in the UK has grown into its own defined sector, so too has our experience at Campbell Dallas. We’ve developed our expertise through acting for a range of aesthetic practitioners and helping them understand VAT and accounting complexities in their business and wider industry. As a team of sector experts we regularly speak at conferences and write articles within these aesthetics networks and industry publications, igniting opinion and debate.
We know from working with clients this is a unique sector with its own set of rules and hurdles. We give business owners confidence in their dealings with HMRC, which we know can be a primary point of concern.
Establishing liability of supplies for VAT
- Medical sales are not VATable. Cosmetic sales are VATable. We will assist you in determining what kind of supplies you make and advise you on whether or not you should be registered for VAT.
- We can carry out on-site or online reviews .
- We can advise on best-practice record keeping you should follow in order to deal with future HMRC enquiries.
Dealing with HMRC and assessments
- We can advise in relation to an HMRC enquiry, helping with correspondence, attending visits and reviewing records, and support you throughout the process.
- We can assist with assessment appeals, alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and tribunal cases.
- Assistance with VAT regulations and VAT returns.
- If you’re required to be registered we can assist you in processing the application.
- If you’re already registered and shouldn’t be we can assist you with deregistration.
- We can review your VAT returns, or complete them on your behalf.
We can assist with your accounting needs and we recommend cloud accounting where suitable, meaning geography is not a barrier to service. We are Xero gold partners and can offer training and implementation services. Read more about the benefits of using Xero.
- We can calculate your personal or partnership tax liability and submit your returns.
- If you’re a limited company, we can calculate and submit your corporate tax returns.
We provide payroll service, which incorporates assistance with your auto enrolment responsibilities. For more information about these services, see our Business Advisory Service section.
Veronica has over 30 years experience in VAT. She is a Chartered Tax Advisor and Associate of the Institute of Indirect Taxation, speaks regularly at tax conferences and contributes to industry journals. With a UK client base, Veronica is also the lead VAT advisor for various regional networks. She frequently meets with clients to discuss and advise on their concerns about VAT.
Richard Patterson is a General Practice partner within Campbell Dallas. His experience includes working with many owner managed multi-site businesses, which is advantageous in the aesthetic sector. He also provides strategic advice to his clients, working with them to understand their aspirations, and helping identify practical solutions to various commercial challenges.
Jennifer, a pharmacy graduate, is a subject matter expert in the aesthetic sector. She works alongside Veronica and is an integral part of the team. She conducts on-site and online reviews for clients across the UK, advising on VAT, record keeping, partial exemption and VAT returns.
Andrew qualified as a Chartered Certified Accountant in 2009. He has significant experience in a wide range of areas; assisting clients with statutory accounts production, taxation, financial forecasting and Banking requirements for a portfolio of corporate clients and individuals. He brings all of this experience to the Aesthetics team within Campbell Dallas.
A Chartered Certified Accountant, Jennifer works closely with our aesthetic clients in preparing accounts, tax returns and giving assistance with bookkeeping. She’s a Xero champion and regularly provides assistance and training to clients.
An accounting graduate, Danielle is a Chartered Certified Accountant. She is experienced in producing accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, and assists clients with their tax returns.
Having identified a gap in the market, our aesthetics team has partnered with Xact to provide bespoke support services to aesthetic practitioners. These services include health & safety reviews, human resource and employment law support.
We have negotiated preferential rates for our clients. For more information on the range of services and to have an informal chat, please contact Veronica Donnelly.